Royal LePage has been a provider of real estate services since 1913. Our name is recognized Canada-wide as a leader in the industries in which we operate. The Company has emerged from a three year restructuring program with a strong balance sheet and innovative programs.
It all started in 1913 with a man named Albert E. LePage, a Canadian.
Albert LePage revolutionized the real estate industry in the country by being the first agent in Toronto to turn buying and selling homes into an accessible and professional enterprise. He actively sought clients through follow-up inquiries, took buyers from house to house by car and used descriptive ads in newspapers -- all industry standards today. He was also instrumental in establishing the Toronto Real Estate Board which helped raise the standards of the industry. By the time he retired in 1953, Mr. LePage had moved the company beyond the residential market and into home building and the subdivision and sale of estates.
Albert E. LePage began with a vision of what a company with his name on the door (and the words 'For Sale' on a sign) should represent: impeccable professionalism, principled conduct and the highest moral and ethical standards. Today, more than 80 years later, these principles still guide us in everything we do.
Here, at a glance, is how we got where we are today:
- 1955 - 1960 commercial division developed
- By 1967, A.E. LePage had expanded beyond Toronto and by 1970, beyond Ontario through a series of mergers and acquisitions
- A series of purchases from 1970 to 1976 gave LePage a residential brokerage presence from British Columbia to Quebec
- In 1974, the company moved into real estate development with the incorporation of
- In 1984, A.E. LePage and Royal Trust merged their real estate brokerage and fee business, naming the new company Royal LePage
- In 1987 Royal LePage became a 54% owned division within the Trilon Financial Group
- Today we are a privately owned company.
About our Future
Royal LePage is Canada’s fastest growing real estate franchisor with over 8000 sales representatives and staff in more than 550 offices from coast-to-coast. Recognized as a North American industry leader in technology, Royal LePage is committed to providing its sales force with the tools and training they require to meet the needs of a changing consumer. As our industry continues to change, our commitment to our leadership role and investment in this future grows, and with it the success of our people.